SERVICES & FORMS
Our sole function at MOGI is to serve as court appointed guardian of the person, for developmentally disabled adults. Depending on the type of guardianship, our service consists of one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Determine if the living arrangements/day program are appropriate for the client. Make a request for relocation if necessary.
- Visit quarterly, or more as needed.
- Approve or deny authorization for medical treatment.
- Attend all PCP meetings, IEPC's, and any other situation where representation is important.
- Available for emergencies; on call 24/7
- Assist with pre-paid funeral planning.
- Assist with Special Needs/Pooled Trusts.
- Sign all documents, releases and contracts on behalf of our clients.
We serve as partial, plenary or stand-by guardian of the PERSON only. We do not serve as guardian of the estate or in a situation that requires Co-Guardianship.
PROCESS/REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN GUARDIANSHIP SERVICES THROUGH MOGI:
MOGI works under an existing contract with Macomb-Oakland Regional Center, Inc. and Community Living Services, Inc., therefore the individual must be in the MORC or CLS system and actively receiving their services. The steps are as follows:
- Support Coordinator/Social Worker requests a referral form from MOGI (see link below)
- Form to be completed and returned
- MOGI staff will review the referral
- You will be advised as soon as possible whether or not the referral has been accepted
Once you receive verification of acceptance, you can begin the process of petitioning the court, requesting that MOGI serve as guardian. If there is a change in circumstances, please notify us as soon as possible.
If MOGI has been named as a stand-by guardian, we will automatically become successor guardian when the primary guardian can no longer serve. To receive the new Letters Of Guardianship when filing the necessary paperwork, please include an Acceptance of Appointment, signed by us, which will speed up the process. We have those forms here at the office.
Forms & Applications:
Please click on referral.doc (below) to print a MOGI referral form
Size : 0.046 Kb
Type : doc
BIRTH CERTIFICATE APPLICATION FORM:
The link below has a printable 2 page form (one is the instructions).
Please fill out the form, following the instructions, and forward it to us along with a check made out to the STATE OF MICHIGAN in the amount of $34.00. MOGI will sign the form and mail it to Vital Records completing the process.
Note: It must be signed by us!
Size : 0.121 Kb
Type : pdf
COURT FORMS NEEDED TO REQUEST THE APPOINTMENT OF A GUARDIAN:
1) Petition 2) Report to accompany petition 3) Proof of service
To obtain the forms and for more information, visit the probate court where the individual resides, or click on one of the links below:
OAKLAND COUNTY : www.oakgov.com/probate/form_application/
MACOMB COUNTY: www.macombcountymi.gov/PROBATECOURT/forms_info.htm